Old 08-01-23, 02:07 PM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
After looking at how cyclists actually get hurt, I worry about those ahead far more than those behind... but, you do you.

In either case, I choose my position on the roadway to maximize my chance of survival - versus how bike lanes tend to be routed into intersections from the curbside position that is demonstrated over, and over, and over again to be that which causes crashes.

No one of sound mind can look at something like an alleged "bike route" hidden behind parked cars, and so forced to approach intersections from the deadliest direction possible, and conclude that's it's a survivable path for usage of a bicycle-like device for covering non-trivial car-replacement distances.

You can't safely ride an electrified device into an intersection from such a gutter at normal speed, even when you have the "right of way"

You can't safely ride a pedal bike into an intersection from such a gutter at normal speed, even when you have the "right of way"

All you can really do from there with any hope of survival is either be a literal pedestrian, or pause and carefully look as if you were a pedestrian.

Last edited by UniChris; 08-01-23 at 02:13 PM.