Old 08-01-23, 04:27 PM
KCT1986

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 246 Posts
Originally Posted by ser_gio
You are absolutely right! The rim type makes a huge difference. After your reply, I looked at the Rhyno-light rims and they are very shallow. I used DT Swiss nipple and 0.7mm thick washer just to test. This makes the nipple sticks out inside the rim slightly which will eat the rim strip over time. So, washers or large nipple heads won't work with this. I will just buy three different spoke sizes to avoid headaches.
You seem to have all the components 'in-hand' so doing actual measurements would be the best way.

There is web info available on how to do the measurements.

For the hub, the flange hole circle diameter and hole size are more important to get accurate. The flange offset distance is harder to get totally accurate but will have less effect on calculating spoke length.

Measuring the rim ERD will be better than data found on the web, which may not specify the point of the nipple that was used to attain the measurement, or the profile of the nipple head. If you don't have spokes to measure the ERD, a spare brake or shift cable with 2 nipples strung on it will work. Seat the nipples and measure the length between and add the nipples length (2 x 11mm or so, to the bottom of the screwdriver slot, based on a 12mm nipple).