Old 08-03-23, 11:51 AM
Steve_sr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged
SUPERGRIP™ CARBON AND ALLOY ASSEMBLY COMPOUND

I assume by alloy they mean including aluminum. Many of us have had slipping seat posts from time to time and have solved the problem with friction paste, can't see why it can't be used across different materials. Better than hanging the bike on a wall and not riding it as from what you describe that is the only reason the bike can not be ridden.
I don't think that any friction compound would be effective in this situation as there is so much slop in the tube that the post will rock side-to-side and work its way down.

BTW, the Litespeed has the same titanium tube with an aluminum shim regular clamp has gone almost 100K miles with no seat tube issues. No friction paste required.

Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged
I can understand that the purchasing experience has not been wonderful but from what you describe efforts have been made to mitigate your disappointment. Good luck and hope you find enjoyment with the bike eventually.
I don't see how you can call this disaster a "disappointment". Once notified that they left a customer with a defective and unrideable bike they cut off all communication!