Old 08-03-23, 03:57 PM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked 1,392 Times in 708 Posts
Originally Posted by base2
The frame did come with an aluminum sleeve. It was poorly installed and reamed in a negligent fashion, larger than a standardly available size & uncorrectable with out complete replacement.

It was more complicated than that. The bore was tapered, among other problems.

Seriously, this is the one and only thread where he named the builder after being called to do so several times in the other threads. It's like you guys don't even read the links in the first few posts of this thread for background and context.

Now that his bike is fixed, the problem resolved, and the statute of limitations has passed, he is well within his right to enlighten others about his experience. I always thought DEAN et,al, was reputable. Now, I know otherwise.
The image I was responding to did not have a sleeve and showed an exaggerated pinched seat clamp. Perhaps the wrong seatpost was used initially, as sleeves are usually pre-manufactured and not reemed in place. As stated previously this seems very one-sided, and I am sure there is more to this seat post issue.

One unsubstantiated screed about a brand which has been around for decades would not deter me if this was a bike I was interested in.