Old 08-04-23, 10:28 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3326 Post(s)
Liked 2,171 Times in 1,231 Posts
Originally Posted by ppg677
So yes, I am considering the Endurace. I remain torn between the R8000 and the 105 Di2. I do see myself selling stock wheels and upgrading to carbon wheels with either bike.

The bikes weigh about the same. And price premium for 105 Di2 is now $600.

Part of me likes the appeal of mechanical simplicity and not worrying about batteries now or in the future. I've always appreciated analog/mechanical things in life.

Part of me sees the appeal of going 12-speed electronic because of those who say it is da sh&t.
Worrying about batteries is something you do every few months. In some respects, electronic is simpler in that you never deal with maintenance, you charge up every once in a while is all. I have 3 electronic systems, 2 are on mt. bikes where it is arguably a better shift system choice as you (I) find I shift a lot more frequently and it stays perfect. I would never go back to mechanical and if I had a choice between 105 Di2 and Ultegra mechanical, I would go Di2.