Old 08-06-23, 12:51 PM
Schweinhund

Bikes: a couple

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked 868 Times in 457 Posts
Originally Posted by philbob57
I bought a NOS product that didn't work as described by the seller. Although he unequivocally said it would work in my application, it didn't work at all. I returned it expecting to get a full refund. The seller refunded half the purchase price because I did not return it in its original condition. That surprised me. I sent a request for a full refund to the seller admitting that the package was opened, ut I purchased the item only because he told me it would work. I also said that I would not have returned the item if it had worked for me. He hasn't responded to that message.

I complained to ebay and got the 2nd half of the purchase price in a matter of hours. The email said the buyer protection policies led to the refund.

Question: In this sort of case, will ebay bill the seller? Or did they do the refund from their own funds?

Thanks.
Let me begin with a round of "Screw Meg Whitman"
Ebay ha a money back guarantee. if you tell ebay you're not happy with something because it's not as described, is broken, is a different shade of chartreuse than seller advertised whatever as long as plausible, ebay will suck the sellers money out of their account before they are ever paid. A seller only offers returns to get his product back.
Sellers are a dime a dozen, repeat customers are a semi-precious jewel to be polished.
Likes For Schweinhund: