View Single Post
Old 08-06-23, 03:29 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
No. It’s pointless. CF has too long a history as a proven material for bicycle frames and parts for you to convince me otherwise. Additionally, the credibility of your arguments is already shattered with your BS about squeezy tubes and warranties. It’s regurgitated nonsense that has been circling for years.
Those videos are not all anti-CF, in fact, one of them comes from a guy who makes CF stuff for bikes, so you decide who you're going to believe, yourself or someone who is in the business, go to that video and read the comments, he is well known in the field.

You darn right know, unless you're weak, you can take your thumb and index finger and squeeze a top or down tube on a CF bike and it will give in slightly, try it to your bike. 4 to 6 NM on a torque wrench setting for mounting stuff on a CF frame or handlebar is not that much pressure, and that is the standard they tell you for mounting stuff, that is a fact that you would know if you wrench on your CF bike. My grandson who is 16 didn't believe a person could squeeze those tubes either, so I took him to a bike shop and had him walk around to several bike and do it, to his amazement he could feel them give a tiny bit, I told him to do the same thing with several aluminum bikes they had in the shop, he couldn't do with those.

Your refusal to watch those videos is because you refuse to learn anything, not even from professionals in the field.