Old 08-08-23, 11:44 AM
ChristopherTSL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dear All,
I need to warn you regarding re-surfacing issue with Specialized Tubes type: Mountain Mullet Tube color: Black Size: 27.5/29 x 2.3-2.6" - I bought two of them, replaced by the shop when I've changed also the wheels. Tubes were installed by the mechanic, and upon inspection I had no idea what was the issue. To describe it shortly, I've received bikre ready, and it was like 4 to 5 days that it was not ridden, before the ride at 4:00 pm previous day I pumped it up a bit, and went sleep - at 1:45 am (almost 10h later) I was woken by enormouss hiss .... First I was hesitant to do/check anything as I was using Mavic Wheels that are UST ready, and have a bit small bead, hook-less short side... so I bought new wheelset (Rovals) and asked to install them again (this time tubes from local shop and rear tyre also ... new from local shop). Thanks for my intuition I've asked them (shop) to look for the cause... and LO AND BEHOLD ... 2mm hole i internal part where seam 'dots' (from side that points internal to the rim) those 'dots' are every 4cm to 5cm , some are barely visible, but this one... 'burst'. That is why it was 'rapid' and so loud (remember I did not rode a bike since wheeset+tyres+tubes change!).
For now it seems that the whole batch of 'Mullet' seems for me sketchy.