View Single Post
Old 08-08-23, 01:23 PM
mams99

Bikes: Pedego Stretch 2016 (electric cargo bike for around town and grocery shopping, Small surly Ogre (2015), Bianchi Advantage (46cm) 1993, Bike Friday NWT, 2005

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
The OP has not responded to any comments since July 9, perhaps he is no longer lonely.
Or they are really depressed and don't have the mental will to post.

I've thought about joining a riding club, but I have NO INTEREST in speed or road riding. So, once my life starts to be mine again (not caregiving my MIL with dementia) I will try to find a new tribe around something I like.

It's why I joined here. it's why I got on some FB groups local-ish to me for trail riding and I will start going to things they sponsor - like trail clean-up events. Group rides on trails. If I do that enough times, I'll start to know some people. Plus, people like people who HELP! I will at least start to be seen as someone useful to have around! LOL

I too have looked at some of these group rides and they are just too pricey. I'm not saying they aren't worth it, but they tend to offer way more than I need and then I'm paying for things I don't need.

But finding a tribe is only easy for some people, but it can be done! So don't give up hope!
Likes For mams99: