Old 08-09-23, 08:35 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9660 Post(s)
Liked 6,366 Times in 3,506 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
So I use Time ATAC XC pedals on all my bikes, love them. My wife on the other hand is paranoid about clipless and only uses flat pedals. We have a Stages SB20 for my indoor riding and put an extra set of ATACs on it. She just struggles clipping in and out, might take 5 mins to get her foot in and is tired of my instruction help. I've never had issue with this stuff, so I don't understand how she continues to struggle. I find the ATAC's to be just super duper easy to get in and out of.

So off to google I go as I need to find an alternative and I want nothing to do with Speedplay. So I ordered some Magped Gravel pedals as we both use Shimano XC shoes and the Magped pedals kind of have a preferred shoe type based on the model of pedal you go with. I have to admit, these pedals are intriguing and since they do not require actually 'locking in' outside of the magnetic connection, I think this will work so much better for her. Downside is they are pretty damn pricey, but I did contact them with a question, and they gave me a discount code, so I got 10% off which essentially covered the shipping cost. Saw some youtube videos on them and they look to have pretty good grip. So looking forward to getting them in to give them a go.

Considered those for my wife. Let us know what you think.