Thread: Stop? Signs…
View Single Post
Old 08-10-23, 09:28 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3235 Post(s)
Liked 1,794 Times in 1,082 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
What you said misleads people. Your "point" wasn't clear at all.

This is suggesting that traffic calming makes "dangerous and risky driving" worse. That's the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do!
It’s unfortunate you feel that way. I didn’t make any comment on comparative (or relative) effects of traffic calming measures, and only stated that driver frustration was an outcome, not that it was the only outcome, nor did state it was an outcome contrary to the intent of the measures. Also, I assume that calming measures are intended to do a variety of things depending on the type of feature and where it’s employed. But, I will say that I’m not at all sure that reducing driver frustration is one of the things which traffic calming measures are intended to reduce. Anyway, I don’t think your line of discussion is either helpful or clarifying to my earlier comments since it keeps moving further afield from my point, so I’m just gonna leave it where it is.