Old 08-13-23, 01:06 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
Liked 1,234 Times in 782 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
Unless it's a torque sensing PAS, even a cadence sensing e-assist can move without the pedaling needing any real effort. You can just put it in a ridiculously low gear and let the motor do ALL the work. And? On the scale of evil things humans can do I consider this stuff SMALL potatoes. And if you are so small that needing to see people pedal their bikes even if the pedaling is pointless ... that's just ... small. Those monowheel things ... stand up scooters ... motorcycles by any reasonable definition? Whelp, I think its time to stop supporting the irrational e-bike hate that proliferates on BF and really start shaming the haters. E-bikes are here. They aren't going anywhere. I don't ride one (yet) but I don't think that people that do, or want to, are damned to hellfire.
Very nice. Calling me "small" and claiming that my critique of throttled ebikes (not pedal assist) and the way ebike regulations are going as "irrational hate". Phew. Nice. I bet you're a real charmer. And maybe you could actually address what I've written and maybe engage in rational discussion, not disparaging words.

Last edited by Camilo; 08-13-23 at 01:26 PM.