Old 08-14-23, 03:32 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 797 Post(s)
Liked 1,861 Times in 1,059 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Considered those for my wife. Let us know what you think.
Ok, got the pedals today and installed them. Took me about 20 mins to install pedals and the plates on the shoes. I showed her how to clip in, it took her less than 5 seconds to attach both feet onto the pedals, less than 5 seconds. She had a smile a mile wide, gave me a high five and said they were so much easier. I gave them a quick 2 min spin after I set them up and I could not pull my foot out on a north south position. You disengage by rolling your foot out away from the bike, which does not have the same force on the magnet, but that was not super weak, it still required a little effort, but was easy enough to ensure you could pull your foot if needed. The amount of float on these are pretty generous if you have knee issues. I would rate up them up there with Speedplay. They are stupid light, not that it matters on my Stages SB20, but if you put them on your bike, they are really light. I am going to take, a spin tonight to test them on some climbing to see if I would pull my foot, and do a short sprint to see if I would pull my foot, I do not suspect I will based on what I felt earlier. I will have to get used to all the float since I am so used to my ATACs that are pretty tight, as I use the 10 deg cleat, but I've never had issues pulling my foot with them.

I did have to make one minor adjustment mid ride, but she was very happy with them and was glad I got them, told me good purchase. I had her unclip as she was pedaling and then clip back in, she was able to do it without stopping her pedal motion. She told me without being prompted that she would consider having these on her bike she rides outside after she gets more comfortable with them, which for her is a massively positive statement about these pedals. She would never put standard clipless pedals on any bike she rides outside.

Last edited by jaxgtr; 08-14-23 at 03:37 PM.
Likes For jaxgtr: