Old 08-15-23, 09:40 AM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3638 Post(s)
Liked 3,064 Times in 1,850 Posts
Originally Posted by LV2TNDM
I get the feeling that this bicycle was not properly test-ridden after assembly. Any mechanic and shop worth their salt has a mandatory test-ride policy. You do it to TEST the bike to find any issues or errors in the assembly and final adjustment. They failed on two counts: to catch the loose brake lever and then to catch it during the test ride. That's QA/QC 101 in bicycle retail.
How many bike shops have you wrenched in?

Preferred brake lever position varies from person to person and shop to shop. (Aside: a middle school coach moved my kid's brake levers after I SET THEM UP PROPERLY. Annoyed me for him to be so arrogant.)
Arrogant? Some people, huh? If brake lever position varies by person to person, how do you know you had THEM SET UP "PROPERLY?" How do you know the coach didn't know more about proper setup than you do?

You NEVER leave something loose to answer the phone, take a break, or help a customer. You either TIGHTEN it properly, or remove it before you walk away. Failure to do this can injure or kill. Good shops follow this rule without exception.
I ask again: How many shops have you wrenched in?

Last edited by smd4; 08-15-23 at 09:43 AM.