Old 08-15-23, 09:59 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1839 Post(s)
Liked 1,723 Times in 983 Posts
Originally Posted by smd4
I’m thinking you might want to recalibrate your scale. I don’t believe that weight for one minute.
Ok. Putting aside snark about how reality doesn’t care what you believe, Here are some pictures of the filthy bike detailing the build up close. The weights are all verifiable from the parts manufacturers if you so desire to investigate further.

The weight:
IMG_1495 by Richard Mozzarella, on Flickr
It's actually dropped a bit from earlier in the thread because I pulled an EDCO 11 speed 11-28 cassette and Ultegra 6800 derailleur from the parts bin because I decided they suited my strength and terrain better.

Carbon-Ti 160mm rotor held on with Extralite titanium bolts mated to Shimano caliper affixed with titanium bolts to custom painted 450 gram Whiskey 7 fork and Extralite Skewer

Really long M5 & 20mm M8 titanium bolts from Ti-64, Carbon-Ti rotor, Shimano Caliper affixed with Extralite titanium bolts, Extralite Aliens 4 skewer. I really ought to swap out the IS mounting bolts for something Ti, but Hey! I'll get there someday.

Extralite UltraTop (and UltraBottom) Headset Extralite 80mm -18 stem with Garmin computer and GoPro mount and , 3d printed Extralite spacer. Yellow Arundel bar tape in background. Messy excessive anti-seize application prominent.

AX-Lightness ERGO 4200 Handlebar, UltraBottom lower headset, computer/GoPro mount (for headlight), weight-weenie style wrap of Arundel bar tape, TRP hydraulic brake levers saddle, seat post. Shimano A6xx pedals, yada-yada

Darimo T2 SB25 250mm 27.2 seat post, reinforced version manufactured for me by request, AX-Lightness Leaf Plus

1209 gram wheel set made from 28/24 Stans Grail CB7 rims laced with Berd spokes to White Industries XMR hubs upon which Panaracer Graveling 700x38 tires have been installed, in tubeless configuration with 100ml of Orange Seal installed in each.

Next up to swap out here in the build process is a $19 Euro titanium seat post binder bolt from Titanium Planet that’ll save me a whopping (& super important ) 6.5 grams, and waiting through the gawd-awful lead time on the THM Clavicula Crankset to mount the Octaramp RC2 round chainrings. I like the Quarq, but the Dub bottom brackets just don't last very long.

Last edited by base2; 08-16-23 at 12:38 AM.
Likes For base2: