View Single Post
Old 03-15-06, 03:05 PM
madopal
Light Cyclist

Bikes: Centurion Le Mans RS, Homebuilt Cyclocross (Nashbar frame), Homebuild Surly Disc Trucker Touring Rig

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, there were a few visits to Performance Bike to fill in some small holes, but my best estimate puts me at $1274.09 including shipping. I might be missing between $25 and $50 of little stuff (the aforementioned rim tape & seat post collar, plus tubes), but some of the things I added in there I didn't end up using (a disc-specific rack wound up going by the wayside, and I bought an Avid Full Metal Jacket brake cable thing that I didn't end up using either), so I figure it evens out.

My purchase from Nashbar covered everything but brakes, pedals, rack, and fenders. That purchase was $1028.69 including tax and shipping (and THANK YOU 10% coupon code). That shipment also included a headset press and a bottom bracket tool, so some of my tool costs were included. I think I spent about $40 at Home Depot getting a rubber mallet, a hacksaw, and a Black & Decker workstand thing which came in handy for cutting the fork. But the cost would be really close to that.

The only cross bikes I saw with Avid BB7's on them were running about $1400 or so, so I think I did pretty well, plus I learned a LOT!

Now, we'll just see if everything lasts.