Old 08-23-23, 04:00 PM
VintageSteelEU

Bikes: Motobecane C41, Matsu$hita Nashonaru

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 439 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by madpogue
I think I found that post, someone with a couple 25.0s looking to shim them to 27.2, so a trade would be a natural. Alas, almost 3 years old, so probably a cold trail. And yeah I've seen some Kalloy and similar posts; they're way longer than I need and a little MTB-ish looking, but that'll be my fall-back, or at least will allow me to move on with the build.
I went the ETC (or whatever seatpost manufacturer company is called) route not long ago especially because they had long seatposts (many vintage ones which I would prefer were exceptionally short or shorter than I'd prefer) and because I was on a tighter budget at that point. I got a 30cm long seatpost and just cut away the excess with a standard hacksaw. It's definitely worth considering if you're looking for something inexpensive and solid. Of course, you will have to measure the minimum insertion point and make sure you use that length after you modify the seatpost. The advantage of these cheap makes is that they can have any diameter you might want.