View Single Post
Old 08-25-23, 05:29 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10516 Post(s)
Liked 12,076 Times in 6,184 Posts
Originally Posted by scottfsmith
The through the helmet method is perhaps the best, if you are careful you can get all the water on your body with zero waste. It is also doable while moving on the bike without too much difficulty.

My current favorite method is to find a safe stretch on the ride, look way up, pour a ton through the helmet at the mid-back point, and keep looking up for ten seconds. The excess will then flow on to the back. Too much and it will get all the way to the pockets and too little will wet too little so it takes some practice to get right. There is no water wasted this way. If you don’t look up long enough some excess will drip down in front and get wasted.

I also will spray a small amount on front and shoulders but there is more waste so I don’t use too much there. Of course if a refill station is coming soon, let ‘er rip!
I used to only know one refill station, till they closed it. I posted in the NorCal forum and learned about 3 or 4 more, so now I can pour water on myself to my heart's content .This was a BIG help a couple weeks back when it got up to 97 on my Sunday long ride!

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles