Old 08-26-23, 02:19 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Here is a recent NYT article that describes the author's take on the benefits of exercise that works for me as well, that does not involve special diets, high intensity or unpleasant workout routines, or setting arbitrary or unnecessary performance goals.

I am curious if there are many, or even any other, 50+ posters who identify with the author's take on the healthy benefits of incorporating their bicycling and other enjoyable relaxed exercise into daily routines for its mental or physical benefits without the motivation or expectation that it will turn back the clock on aging, or enable them to go further and faster, or as a prophylactic against disease.
How I Turned My Errands Into Exercise
Extract:
I think there was a concession earlier in this thread that it takes a modest amount of exercise per week to obtain much of the benefits. I would look up the studies but you are not interested. I do not read the NYT and the point of the article is obvious. I just think you are in the wrong thread. My wife volunteers at a food bank and a guy there is 102, he still dances competitively, has a massive garden, drives, walks and is very active. You probably would like him a lot. He looks 65.
Likes For GhostRider62: