View Single Post
Old 08-27-23, 04:11 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5978 Post(s)
Liked 2,889 Times in 1,608 Posts
It's both impossible and pointless to try to correlate distracted drivers with any demographic group.

This issue isn't about demographic groups or classes of drivers, it's about individual drivers being overly distracted.

There are many contributory factors, ranging from technological changes offering new ways to be distracted, sociological factors whereby people are more used to multitasking (with various degrees of skill going up from zero), to design changes in cars themselves which tend to take eyes from the road more.

However, it's still about individual drivers. For example, while many or even most of us drive with a cell phone in the car, we are not compelled to answer while driving. Some may always answer, others never, and the rest deciding based on the conditions at the time.

What is safe to say, is that it's rising both in frequency and degree (distraction isn't binary), and is likely to continue until something changes to reverse the trend.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.