Old 08-29-23, 03:13 PM
bikeamateur70

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Which endurance bike got high enough stack?

I took up road cycling a few years ago on a second hand Cannonodale Caad9 bike. I am a rather fit but very inflexible 53 years old man. Usually I got neck pain after 1-1,5 hours in the saddle. In April i decided to give a bikefit a try and went to the local bikefitter in order to get advice for buying a new bike. I had to bring my Caad9 cause he hadnt any stationary "bikefit"-rig. I put on a stem riser the day before. He did the adjustment and asked me to give it a try before going into the market for a new one. I discovered I could easily go much longer - so have to say I had my breakthrough as a road cyclist this season. I signed up for a century sportive and got through it with only minor neck issues and have had a handful of other 100-150 km rides over the summer. I still want a new bike - want disc brakes and wider tires. If I start loking for a new bike the bike fitter asked me to look for a larger bike frame than many brands recommend to find the right frame and get a comfortable riding position. I am looking for an endurance carbon frame with typically Shimano105 groupset (or an alloy frame) but its very hard to find one. Been looking at Canyon Endurace 7 and CF7 model large and Cannondale Synapse 58 cm but they seem to be hard to get hold of before summer 2024. My bikefit measurements are attached. Any suggestions for a bike which a 182 cm guy can use with the 607mm stack I now use (or slightly lower)?