Old 08-30-23, 08:56 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6351 Post(s)
Liked 4,952 Times in 3,411 Posts
It will help you replace some of your glycogen stores fairly quick. So you get some immediate results when you consume sugar or carbohydrates while on the bike. Your glycogen stores get used a lot during the times you are nearing your max. You can't consume enough sugar/carbohydrates to totally replete your glycogen stores during the ride though. If you tried, you'll probably have a bloated stomach or be puking on the side of the road.

I've over simplified quite a bit. It's a somewhat complex thing that depends a lot on how you ride, the distance, the difficulty and a lot of personal preference.

I usually ride hard for over 90 minutes. I put carbohydrates in my bottles and take a swig every 10 minutes. Others prefer gels or other solid forms. Some like to stop and eat. Your choice. You don't have to do any if you aren't wanting to ride as hard as you can or keep up with others.

Your body fat, no matter how lean you are, will always produce enough energy to ride at a steady pace. You just may not have the quick energy you need to keep up with others that go hard up the hills or ride a very fast pace for quite a while.

Last edited by Iride01; 08-30-23 at 09:00 AM.