View Single Post
Old 08-30-23, 01:46 PM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1469 Post(s)
Liked 750 Times in 388 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Further to above...

Climbing is really the only way to strengthen yourself for climbing.
That is really not true. Sustained climbs at their essence are all about power to weight ratio. So intervals designed raise functional threshold power will definitely improve your climbing and can be done on flat ground or a trainer. So while lots of climbing definitely improves your climbing (I’ve done almost 300,000 vertical feet this year getting ready for Haute Route Dolomites) it is not the only way.

I completed L’etap de Tour ( a full stage of the TDF), won a stage of Everest Challenge, finished 9th in the Brasstown Bald Buster Century, amongst other climbing events while training almost entirely in Florida.

Admittedly riding mountains makes it easier, hence the climbing I’ve done this year for Haute Route. There are guys here at Haute Route from the Netherlands who have only ridden in the flat Netherlands who are doing quite well.

Again, it is mostly about power to weight ratio, and that can be improved,without mountains.
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.
Likes For merlinextraligh: