Old 09-07-23, 02:20 PM
mtbikerjohn 

Bikes: a few..

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 152 Times in 98 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
Man, I love old steam locomotives. They were/are maintenance queens, but they look magnificent and are still fully capable as freight or passenger pullers. Those and '20s-'30s automobiles would be great to get more hands on with. They are still a bit pricey and their rarity and general existence in museums makes them a bit more hands off. Like you said, C&V bikes are monumentally simpler. Those now and in the future may get into them for the look and the experience, but I think many will get into them--in a very practical sense--because they are so cheap and basic (or simply so much cheaper than the equivalent new or used modernly-equipped bikes) that it makes sense financially. I think that's how many have done so today, and certainly that was my experience, being given a much-too-small bike in exchange for helping an older couple pack their POD to move halfway across the country. That and they didn't have room for it. Unexpected beginnings and all of that.

Yep I agree about steam trains...That is yours truly in the foreground acting as a brakeman on a test of the silver car we built in our Car shop.
Likes For mtbikerjohn: