View Single Post
Old 09-08-23, 06:42 PM
Yanto

Bikes: Giant Escape RX, Bianchi Via Nirone 7.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by suncruiser
Is the bike a fixed gear or singlespeed? I can't imagine a fixie having a rear brake at all, much less a disc setup. Not saying you're incorrect, just having a hard time wrapping my head around a brand new bike set up that way. If it is a singlespeed instead it makes far more sense. As for your riding conditions, I imagine a singlespeed or fixed gear would be a lot of fun and easy to ride. Give it a spin and see how you like it, if it fits and is fun, well, N+1 applies here! Happy riding!
Hi, and thanks for the reply. The bike I mentioned is new and is for sale via an online retailer over here, which is similar to Amazon etc.
I have just looked again at the ad and it’s definitely listed as a ‘fixed gear’ and 100% has disc brakes front and rear. I must admit although I know very little, when I’ve looked online at fixed gear models, I have only seen ones either with a front v brake or no brakes at all.
I have messaged the company to get clarification as to which drivetrain the bike has.
I’m actually wondering if a single speed, if I can get one, might be more suitable? I’m assuming they ride the same as my current bike but without the extra gears etc and have a freewheeling rear hub?
Also I have seen some bikes that have twin rear cogs, one on either side. What are these please? Can you turn the rear wheel around and use the other gear? And is that just a different size, but still not freewheeling? Thanks