View Single Post
Old 09-08-23, 08:07 PM
Het Volk

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
I think we are at one extreme of the demand pendulum right now. It will normalize but will shift.
the rise of index shifting as a legit classic and vintage aspect. Danger to the ClassicRendezvous crowd. Eroica also.
a category between Nova and Historica will be needed. Or promoters will lose a whole swath.

I think it really all depends. The problem with manual STI shifters, is at the end of the day, they are not really all that different a "riding" experience to the electronic shifters. But maybe, as time passes, the ubiquity of manual STI shifters will also become something novel enough to become "classic" to the CR set.

However, I think the Eroica set will need to be more open about moving from a time-frame cut-off to more a material, design and tech cutoff concept.

Modern technology has been moving so fast, and in such dramatic fashion over the last decade, that I am not sure the C&V crowd has really been able to assess what is and what is not going to be transitioned to classic. In addition, we need to face the fact that the C&V bikes historically considered so elegant and beautiful, and I am not sure most modern steel bikes, with TIG welding, will hold the same allure.