Old 09-10-23, 01:26 AM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1300 Post(s)
Liked 3,759 Times in 1,505 Posts
Okay! It's late, and what better time to perform freakish, Frankenstein monster mayhem than in the middle of the night when no one's looking?

Let the desecration commence!

pastorbobnlnh , If you recall...

Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
wait until you see my saddle selection. Hints: Moulton Huffy. White. Kurt.

Well now...

Let's see what we got banging' around the shop...

Hmm, how's for this here now? Looks a bit Paramount-esqe, isn't that right?

Only one problem...

It graces the top of the Huffente, and there is no way I'm letting nasty Paramount juices contaminate my beautiful Huffy.

But then...wait a sec!

Hello what have we here??

Why steal a Brooks from a Huffy when you can steal this?!

For the Crapamount? PERFECT.

Now, I really, really wanted to just use a heavy, clunky steel post and be done with it, but apparently manufacturers didn't think ahead to fine folks (like me) wanting to use gigantically heavy kludgy steel posts on bikes like the Paramount, so most are going to be too small, at least the one I have. I could buy one I'm sure, but then that is kinda moving backward from the entire project. The only way that would make sense is if I could fine a completely solid 27.2 steel rod (better yet, solid lead) and weigh the bike down even further, but since 'minimal energy expenditure' and 'crapola parts' are sort of on equal footing, we are moving forward. What's that famous mtb phrase? Run what ya brung!

Yes, a boat anchor, but a ‘little bit too clean and presentable’ boat anchor

To be continued...

Last edited by AdventureManCO; 09-10-23 at 01:35 AM.
Likes For AdventureManCO: