Old 09-10-23, 01:40 AM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1300 Post(s)
Liked 3,757 Times in 1,504 Posts
The next best thing is this goofy Avocet, and while I'm lamenting the fact that it is alloy (and therefore, somewhat resembling a higher-quality piece of kit) I'm quite relieved that it is still a piece of garbage, with super annoying adjusting bolts and galled up threads. Should fit in nicely and still give me some points for having a different maker on the bike (seriously, an Avocet seatpost ??)

And whaddya know, fits great!

This saddle is not just a 'bum hatchet', but a full on bum chainsaw. As much as I LOVE tetanus, we also have the femoral artery to consider. Therefore, it's gonna get a 'safety wrap' of HVAC seal foam, topped with a ton of obvious GRAY duct tape, because we wouldn't want anyone seeing the bike from a distance and confusing black duct tape with a legitimate seat covering.

I might even patent this awesome anatomical foam cutout shape.

Looks like I'm going to need a LOT more duct tape before I'm fully satisfied, but check it out. Sort of has a sweet, aero look to it, don'tcha think? Right at home on the Crapamount.

Last edited by AdventureManCO; 09-10-23 at 01:44 AM.