Old 09-10-23, 03:50 PM
KPREN

Bikes: 2008 S Works Stumpjumper FSR Carbon, 2016 E Fat Titanium Bike Custom built by me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts
I can only speak for myself. I definitely get a better workout on my e bike than I did on my regular bike and its way cheaper. For me, bicycling is one of those activities where passion and enthusiasm trump common sense.. I landed in the hospital twice in one year after pushing things too hard. One nearly cost me my life. The e bike is way cheaper than the Medicare deductibles. I went from 1,600 miles a year to over 4,500 miles a year with the e bike.
I don't know how some of these people can just throttle along a bike path. My legs and backside would cramp up in a short time without pedaling. I suppose its the Lazy-Boy tractor seats that allow them to do this. Pedaling would be difficult for any distance on a seat like that. Where I observe the greatest number of non pedaling e bikers is at the marina and the camp grounds. .That crowd also seems to be the most clueless on etiquette. I generally see much better etiquette on MUP's.