View Single Post
Old 09-10-23, 07:28 PM
hbc07

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts
Training after lengthy crash recovery?

Long story short... another rider lost control in early June and wiped me out in a way that caused multiple fractures in my pelvis. I've been fully released from any medical restrictions and told that I am my only limitation at this point, and am also in PT 3x/wk rebuilding strength/range of motion/coordination. Now 14 long weeks later (most of which were in a wheelchair) I'm doing some low power easy spins on the trainer to start working on my path back for both stamina and power (e.g. 125w for 35min). But the main question is how do I structure my training after 14 weeks off the bike to try and build back up to where I was before? Take a week or two of spins under 150w to get my legs under me and then do a ramp FTP test to get an idea of where I'm currently at powerwise and then pick up a regular plan based off of that FTP and then just keep reassessing every few weeks?

That's the best I've been able to come up with so far. Any input or ideas would be appreciated as I'm just not really sure where to start.