Old 09-11-23, 12:30 PM
MMWDT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Russ Roth
Comes down to fault vs responsibility. It might not be the current team's fault the issues are there, but it the current team bought the company and this product was a new item with several glaring defects, making it their responsibility to make things right. Trying to make it sound as though they were gracious in taking care of it is disingenuous, I'd expect nothing less then all the problems fixed at no charge and from the posts I've read on what seemed to be wrong, really the frame should have just been replaced. Company screw ups, regardless of who made them, should not be customer problems.

Gonna guess company PR, not doing a great job of it spending his time passing the buck and making it seem like the company is the victim in it all. Nothing about his reply would make me suddenly want to jump on the Merlin bandwagon.
There is not company victimizing here, It is simply an explanation of a few of the items in which blame was placed upon Merlin when in certain facts there was no blame to be made, or solutions were reached per the customer's request. Per John being on the website, if someone has a link to the location of his presence please note it, he is 100% not any part of the group anymore. Per responsibility of the company, certain items fall to the responsibility of the manufacturer when the issue is brought up by a customer, this is a given. Certainly a manufacturer would not intent to present improper items or spec dimensions and should this happen it get the chance to make it right. This was done to the customer's request. As the OP noted, he found fault in the frame, he sent it back, Merlin fixed those faults at no charge. He requested seat tube shims, they were sent. Heaps of hours were spent remedying the requests, and yet the customer is clearly still dissatisfied. At what point do a company's responsibility end when they have done the customer specific requests for solutions and yet there is still not only dissatisfaction, but even active boardline defamation. Many of OP's statements in this thread about the workings of Merlin and Janus are complete assumptions.