Old 09-12-23, 06:02 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4608 Post(s)
Liked 5,152 Times in 3,183 Posts
Originally Posted by jadmt
actually no I am riding at my normal pace ie 18-20mph I am not racing but I am being cordial and say hi when I pass. Am I suppose to ride behind them at their 15-16 mph? I don't race now but I was a cat 3 when I was in my 30's. I have a couple of state time trial medals lost in my stuff some where. my claim to fame kind of i I beat Rishi Greywall (alex grewall's brother who also raced professionally in a hill climb once) and beat Levi Leipheimer in a mtb race, of course he was about 12 or so lol and I was later 20's. but no not racing or even acting like I am racing just riding at my usual pace. not sure how you read that I appeared to be racing into my post. For the record almost all younger males ie 20-50 yoa say hello back and almost all females regardless of age. it is only the males that are closer to my age group for some reason.

It was just the slightly cocky vibe of your post. As if we are not worthy to ride slow while kitted out on a fast bike. I'll bear that in mind next time I do a recovery spin or while I'm cruising to the start of a big group ride etc.