Old 09-14-23, 01:31 PM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 586 Times in 383 Posts
Originally Posted by seypat
I heard from He Who Shall Not Be Named over the weekend. He's doing all right and getting good grades. His future's so bright, he's having to wear shades. Living large, cycling like a mad man and (for texaspandj) getting back into running. I think he'll be hunting for a Boston Qualifier in the coming year.
I guess his back must be doing better, that's great to hear.
Meanwhile, I decided to take some time off from working out and letting my injuries heal. I know better now but it was a bad decision to do that. My back that I've mentioned here quite a few times got really bad. It was literally debilitating. I could barely walk, let alone run. I never tried riding because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to...then what. I couldn't stand without pain. Sitting for prolong periods wasnt much better. I had X-rays and MRI which revealed I had several things going on. Suffice it to say I thought the good times were gone for good. I thought I could defeat it with my mind so I never let my wife tell me specifically the 5 issues that were going on with my back. Instead I decided to sign up for 1 triathlon. I convinced my wife I wouldn't run and that it was the motivation I needed to lose some weight.
I biked 2 times before the triathlon and hurt my knee. I limped 2 weeks prior to and leading into the triathlon. I limped 2 weeks after triathlon too. The funny thing is during the knee issue my back stopped hurting... so much.
Now I'm on the mend , moving some and biking joy rides now and then. I went to see my martial arts teacher and he said " You got yourself in this mess, you can to get yourself out of it". That's what I'm doing.
Keep the rubber side down Ironkids.