View Single Post
Old 09-15-23, 05:59 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7724 Post(s)
Liked 3,659 Times in 1,928 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
I'll go with my own experience over what Google says, thank you.
This is so quintessentially American ... not saying @wolfchild is American, but the attitude .... "What do those 'experts' know? They think they are so smart just because they spent years studying and more years experimenting?"

I have a friend who is a respiratory care worker in an Emergency Room ... people who claimed wearing a mask for an hour would kill you would come in with Covid, forcing him to wear a mask 18 hours day seven days a week for many months ...

Not every "expert" is a genius, and no one is always right ... but the whole "I have always done it this way so it must be the best way" trope would be really funny if it were not so common. Nothing is so American as Willful ignorance, and at a time when we have more information more readily available to us than any person ever in the history of humanity. In the past scholars would travel for months to meet other scholars to learn a twentieth of a percent of what anyone with a phone can learn in half an hour.

All I cna say is that hot wax with a drip wax touch up is good enough for me ... I may be stupid but I am riding.
Likes For Maelochs: