Old 09-16-23, 07:52 AM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3467 Post(s)
Liked 2,843 Times in 2,004 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimbo1983
I have a set of the 5-pivot Deltas on a bike I don't ride often, but have ridden enough to have opinions about the brakes!
For me they work as well as a reasonable set of single-pivots, I don't notice any real difference in braking between them and the Superbe Pro I have on another bike. The thing I don't like about them is how close they are to the tyre. A small amount of dirt on the tyre and there's all kinds of rubbing and scraping noises.
I haven't taken the bike down any big fast downhills but given how they work on my normal rides I can't imagine they'd be any worse than anything else. I don't know what levers they are being used with, I don't know how much difference it would make as long as they are some type of Campagnolo Record.

the croce’ external spring versions definitely provided a bit more room about the tire. Obviously this is functional, but would function a bit like a tire scraper easily enough. As a bike shop mechanic when these were new, plenty of bikes that came in with the presented debris scraping on the underside. And to think the prototypes were smaller.