Old 09-16-23, 08:25 AM
iab

Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3037 Post(s)
Liked 3,928 Times in 1,434 Posts
Originally Posted by bikingshearer
Okay, this is getting silly. If you want to ride Deltas. ride 'em. If you don't want to ride Deltas, don't ride 'em. Whether you think they are beautiful, the acme of braking performance, or ugly over-engineered kludge, think what you want. This is a YMMV discussion if ever there was one. These are opinions, people. and they are like a$$holes - everybody has one. Let's leave it at that and move on to more important things, such as:

1. Grant Petersen/Bridgestone/Rivendell.
2. Eddy vs. Fausto.
3. Helmets. Am I right?
4. N+1 or S-1?
5. The CPSC is a cyclist's best friend, or how I learned to love lawyer lips.
6. Separate bike paths: the way to Nirvana (the place, not the band) or sick commie deep state plot?
7, Biopace: the way to Nirvana (the place, not the band) or sick commie deep state plot?
8. Is Nirvana the place better than Nirvana the band?
9. If you ride biopace on a separate bike path, will that double your chances of reaching Nirvana (the place or the band, I no longer care)?
10. Samantha or Jeannie?
11. Beatles or Stones?
12. Mayo or Miracle Whip?

And finally

13. "Holy Grail" or "Life of Brian"?

Break into small groups and discuss among yourselves. Presentations will begin in an hour and will count 40% toward your final grade. Creativity in your ranting and gesticulating can raise or lower your grade.
I'm certain you meant Fausto vs. Eddy. Proper vs. poser is the correct order.

As for Delta, interesting read this thread, I have no interest in them. But I can guarantee the calipers I use are much much worse in stopping power and I have a 2023 off-topic Ekar. So why does performance matter in C&V?