Old 09-17-23, 10:35 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10632 Post(s)
Liked 12,254 Times in 6,283 Posts
I've tried to use TV, movies, etc. to keep my mind occupied while riding the trainer but nothing really worked for much longer than about 40 minutes. Then I tried a couple "ride through" videos and those worked - although I did have some issues with the rider/videographer's riding. One was riding on a narrow path with walkers basically scaring them out of the way!

I first tried Zwift three years ago when wildfire smoke made riding outside hazardous for a couple weeks. I used a dumb trainer and Zwift's "Zpower" function. It made it easy to keep riding longer and push harder. After a couple months of that, and a bonus at work, I got myself a Kickr Snap wheel-on smart trainer, and that made Zwifting much more immersive. I've done thousands of "miles" of free riding, group rides, races and workouts. It's allowed me to keep my fitness up through the winter when it's too dark after work to ride, and also when we get smoked out.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: