Old 09-18-23, 12:15 PM
estasnyc

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by estasnyc
I do believe that I'll end up getting the King Cage SS Lowering Flat Top though.
Then again, maybe not.

Originally Posted by rekmeyata
I actually use several Arundel Looney bin cages on my touring bike which I also use for gravel, and when you tighten down the knob there isn't anything you can do that will make that bottle come out of that cage. It will hold a variety of sizes of bottles too up to 3 3/4-inch diameter

I'm able on my front forks to carry Nalgene 48-ounce wide mouth bottles very securely. On my bike, due to front fenders, I can only carry a 16-ounce Nalgene bottle on the underside of the downtube cage or the bottle will hit the fender.
The Looney Bin looks interesting. I did find the website for it: https://www.arundelbike.com/product/looney-bin/

It's missing one piece of information though. It looks like you can mount the Looney in one of two positions but doesn't indicate how far apart these two are.

Taking a look at the picture to see what I mean, could you do me the courtesy of taking a measurement?

I'm presuming the space between the bottom two holes will be exactly the same.

A 32oz Gatorade bottle might fit underneath if you can mount the Looney Bin cage lower and further away from the front wheel as the King Cage Lowering Flat Top would albeit with a narrower bottle. An oversized Nalgene bottle won't fit simply because of its cylindrical shape. The diameter of the Gatorade bottle does narrow towards the bottle cap though.

Last edited by estasnyc; 09-18-23 at 12:30 PM.