Old 09-18-23, 05:21 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5101 Post(s)
Liked 8,407 Times in 3,974 Posts
Originally Posted by Jklotz
My zwift trainer arrived today. Hopefully get it set up tomorrow. I'll be using my old Willier race bike as a permanent setup, cause I know if I have to take off the rear wheel and do a setup every time I want to ride it, well, there will probably be nights that I should have ridden but didn't. Anyway, I appreciate everybody's comments. Hopefully this time the trainer will see more use than last.
Cool! There is a learning curve to the system, how to navigate around, and how the trainer/bike reacts in the virtual world. If you go in expecting everything to be as it is in the real world, you're going to be disappointed. If you keep in mind that your bike is now a game controller, you'll be fine. There's lots to explore, and lots of different way to make Zwift a valuable addition to your cycling.

I did just over 2 hours with a pace-bot group last night, at a consistent and steady tempo effort. It was a really effective session for the kind of training I wanted to do, and not something I could have easily duplicated in the real world.

I also recommend checking out www.zwiftinsider.com for additional in-depth info on the platform.