Old 09-20-23, 10:43 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7724 Post(s)
Liked 3,655 Times in 1,925 Posts
Originally Posted by noimagination
I think that the concern about using QR wheels with disk brakes is (a) largely theoretical; and/or (b) related more to the likelihood of user error when closing (or, failing to close) the QR lever; and/or (c) related to marginal gains (e.g. "stiffness") that are not important to rec/fitness riders such as ourselves.
I have been using bikes with QRs since they were on the market, and I have been riding my QR/disc Fuji since 2017.

I have never lost a wheel or had wobble due to improperly adjusted qr skewers, because ... well they are simpler than tying shoes. something I learned to do while I was on training wheels (and which no one does any more in this Velcro Age ... maybe there is a correlation?) I have had to carefully reinstall the wheels on my Fuji every time I have removed them. Sometimes they fall right back into place, sometimes they are off by half a millimeter ... but that is enough to cause brake drag.