Old 09-24-23, 11:39 AM
Bearonabike

Bikes: Jamis Aurora, Fuji S10S (X2), Jamis Coda

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gobicycling
Interesting, bike or swim. Ąt 84, I bike and swim. They compliment each other very nicely. Throw in a few resistance exercises, and some stretching and some walking, and you have a good fitness program. As far as your bikes, I sincerely doubt this is your last bike at 59 years old. I'll leave it to the experts on this group to advise you further. You are not old at 59. I started biking at 59. I weighed 247 at one time, and weigh 158 now. 158 is better.
Swimming is not something I am against but where I live, pools are not really common. Going to a gym with a pool would mean having to put up with a facility that uses LOTS and LOTS of chlorine. Do-able but not appealing to me. I do have the equipment to do resistance exercises and my wife and I use them, but they don't get the heart rate up and what I need is to get the heart rate up. While the bike may not be my last, I want to approach it that way. I used to rebuild bikes and have owned probably a few dozen. I'm not one to want or need a new bike every few years. I've had one of the Fuji's I love since I got back into biking many years ago. My goal here is to reduce (uncomplicate) my life into a single bike, one that I can wrench myself, take care of, and be sure that it will be serviceable for 15-20 years, making me 79 or so when I look at it being spent and requiring replacement.