Old 09-25-23, 02:42 AM
a1a

Bikes: Trek Domane AL3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by KerryIrons

Uh, no. That might be fine for removing mud, but it is NOT "cleaning the chain." That requires (typically) solvent or soap.
Cleaning the chain was a long story short deal. Filling in the gaps... Mike at the LBS showed me the spray bottle with dilute dish detergent method and then wipe down the chain method. So I tried this... for several days... and the amount of black grease that came off on my towel and hand did not let up. So... I brushed the cassette even more. And then I bought bike degreaser and same deal. So I finally decided to hose the bike down and not just use a bucket of soapy water. So I spun the wheels and sprayed the cassette... there was so much soap, degreaser and gunk it was 15-30 seconds of oil spill waterfall before the water coming off the cassette cleared up. I'm new to this. I'm not afraid to expose my blunders. People learn best when they witness others mistakes. I can be a really good teacher!

Regarding hand positioning. I am slowly learning to use the drops more and the uprights less. Averaging 20 on even a short segment is a ways off for now.

I can't believe McDaniel didn't go for the 3 to break the record. It was already a blowout. And to reward their letting the ball get turned over on downs... the Broncos ran a play anyway. It was fun either way. What was more fun was switching channels and watching the Ravens get beat! I am not anticipating a fun night however as we are a Bucs/Bengals family...but you never know.

It's already 4:42 am... gotta get riding