3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26471 Post(s)
Liked 10,425 Times in 7,240 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
We do, Spin, and the Spin e-bikes, too.

As for Paris, as one of the most touristed cities in the world, it’s an exceptional situation and not relatable to mine or to most American cities.
...respectfully, I'm not the one who introduced Paris, as a place where I saw no problems. Also respectfully, we have a pretty large tourism industry here, for a city our size (although not nearly as big as that in San Francisco). The tourists here are not, for the most part, the problem. Over near the state capitol, it was mostly the lunch hour crowd going farther afield in search of a meal (pre-Covid). Now I just avoid that area and take different routes on a weekday. I do see some tourists on rental scooters in Old Sacramento, but they are on unfamiliar ground, thus usually more cautious.

Truthfully, though, the rental scooters were a much worse problem, back when first introduced by a couple of competing companies. The city must have learned something from that fiasco. Whatever deal they have to allow Lime to operate here, has done a much better job of collecting the ones left lying about, in various places where the operator lost interest in the scooter, and dropped it in the bike lane.