Old 09-27-23, 07:47 PM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1461 Post(s)
Liked 741 Times in 380 Posts
Originally Posted by 88ss
Your message is that for those who were not serious about going fast when they were younger, if they get serious about it now they can go faster than the younger non-serious "you" by training seriously and by dumping cash into modern technology to buy your speed.
So, most of my life, I’ve been somewhat serious about riding, racing, being a moderately successful Cat 3 racer.

Thus, it’s not that I’m more serious now, maybe a bit more focused. It’s more that, with better knowledge about training and nutrition, modern training plans, power meters to implement them, and more time, and fewer constraints it’s possible to achieve more.

To the extent there’s an element of buying speed, it’s paying for professional coaching and a power meter. The power meter is now pretty cheap, and the professional coaching is a luxury, that I could do without if I spent the time to geek over the data, instead of paying to outsource that function.

My point in this thread is more to be a vote of encouragement for still achieving, and not allowing age to be an excuse for giving in.

” We don’t quit playing because we grow old. We grow old because we quit playing”
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.
Likes For merlinextraligh: