Thread: Cue Sheets
View Single Post
Old 10-01-23, 05:37 AM
1989Pre 
Standard Member

Bikes: 1948 P. Barnard & Son, 1962 Rudge Sports, 1963 Freddie Grubb Routier, 1980 Manufrance Hirondelle, 1983 F. Moser Sprint, 1989 Raleigh Technium Pre, 2001 Raleigh M80

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1303 Post(s)
Liked 958 Times in 494 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
I guess you aren’t carrying a phone.

A Garmin isn’t radiating while you are riding.

(There are a uses when it does but you don’t have to use them.)
It seems to me that the unit (on the handlebars) would always be receiving a signal, and that when I am down in the drops, my body would be in contact with the unit, over the heart or thymus area. Maybe I am wrong about that. From what you are saying, it may be that the unit must be turned on before any sort of transmission occurs. Can you confirm? If so, thank you for the correction.
No, I do not carry a phone. As you may know, non-ionizing radiation levels must far-exceed those produced by a cell phone to actually break cell walls (creating conditions for cancer), but close-proximity to these devices does upset mitochondrial activity. This can lead to similar conditions. This is why I am wary of them.

From Energy Theory website:

If you use them daily for less than six hours, they are comparable to cell phones and should not be seen as a problem. Garmin equipment can lead to the absorption of non-ionizing and RF radiation by the skin because they are worn close to it.

Last edited by 1989Pre; 10-01-23 at 05:58 AM.