View Single Post
Old 10-02-23, 06:06 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18576 Post(s)
Liked 16,036 Times in 7,529 Posts
Originally Posted by gif4445
Depends upon your ride & how much info you need. I used both RWGPS and self generated cue sheets on a coast to coast race. The cue sheet served as both backup navigation and to identify services, gaps in services and warnings to stock up on food and water. Also various sights along the way. Served me well.
Yeah. I will sometimes list things like that, especially if I think I might have to cut a day short due to something like weather.

Heh. Muddy Gap. Has to be the easiest crossing of the western Continental Divide. Haven't been there since 2000. Spent the night before in Jeffrey City and got up early to beat the wind on the way to Rawlins on July 4th. Saw several pronghorns.

Jeffrey City is a strange place with an interesting history. Talked about it with a one-legged woman at the bar in town. I see someone has revived the old JC Motel. I read a review shortly before it closed. The cycle tourist said there were mushrooms growing out of the carpet in his room. IIRC, that was late 2000s. Only motel I have ever stayed in that did not take credit cards. The old woman who took my money was on oxygen and smoking a cigarette.