View Single Post
Old 10-03-23, 02:53 PM
Het Volk

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Trakhak
When you run into problems on such paths, you're riding too fast for the conditions.

Repeating myself, for all the good it will do:

The problem is not pedestrians - the problem is the difference in speed between bikes and pedestrians. If you guys happened to be pedestrians and no bike riders, you'd be whining about those damn bike riders that are causing all the problems. And you'd be right.

And people posting here: please stop calling them "bike paths." They're multi-use paths.
As someone who rides a normal bike on a bike trail system all the time, I ALWAYS slow down to a very low speed when nearing pedestrians. It absolutely is the cyclist’s fault if they hit a pedestrian, because if you are going a speed where a sudden kid running in from if you does not afford you the opportunity to stop or maneuver away (of if an accident does occur - the accident will not cause anything more than a minor injury).

I see basically full throttle e-bikes on the paths now going over 35 MPH on the bike paths. I’m sorry. That is ******** deranged and dangerous.

Like I say about anyone riding aero bars on a bike path, if your prerogative is to go fast, then you should NOT be on a bike path.

We are now seeing actual motor cycles on bike paths now, because what’s the difference between a full throttle e-bike and a gas powered motor cycle?
Likes For Het Volk: