View Single Post
Old 10-04-23, 09:55 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4502 Post(s)
Liked 4,980 Times in 3,079 Posts
Originally Posted by force10
Thanks to you both. That is what I thought. And I believe that I only have the trainer connected to the garmin as power and speed/cadence sensors. This is belied by my experience with the garmin taking over resistance once Zwift was turned off. But when I go to the sensor menu, I do not see any option to unpair the trainer. I only se that I have it connected as power (dumbell icon), and speed/cadence (speedometer and crankset icons). The trainer icon (kind of like a hweel-on trainer icon) appears as available across the top screen when I boot up the head unit but does not show thqat it is connected in the sensor menu. Maybe a call to Garmin is in order.
It was a while ago, but I had a similar thing happen with my Edge 530. I vaguely seem to remember a pop up message on my Garmin asking if I wanted to connect as a Trainer. But I could be wrong.

I would try unpairing your trainer power and cadence sensors and then start again and see what happens. You might get the same pop up message I did, unless I just dreamt that part, 😂. If it does ask you if you want to pair as a trainer, then just say no.