Old 10-05-23, 12:04 AM
Bluetrane2028

Bikes: Too many to list.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by daywood
Man I LOVE that color! It might be an epic quest for me to try to match it if I decided I needed to repaint it, because I would definitely would want to retain that look. Hopefully you won’t have to paint yours.
I can't say mine is pristine by any stretch, but it's presentable for its 48 years.

Speaking of, I took the classy lady out on the town tonight. New tires and the handlebar has been replaced but it's an OEM Schwinn part. Aside from the tires, it's probably still completely original. I do want to repack all the bearings but the way it rides I'd bet they're fine. I just want the "I know this is right" feeling that only comes from going in there and doing the work yourself. A ruffian atempted to abscond with my bike while I was lining up a shot, but I was able to figure out what was happening in enough time to hop back on and leave. That's what I get for 1am photoshoots, lol.

And, for the pic of the bike at the Rocky step.. I carried the bike up those stairs. I didn't just ride around the side from the back. Didn't feel like a "Rocky" kind of moment doing that.

I'm starting to think the Varsity is one of the best bikes in history. What else weighs more than my wife's Kia yet turns minimal pedal effort into easy miles traversed, so efficiently and smoohly?

I still kind of prefer these as single speeds, but then again it could just entirely be the handlebar that I like more than anything else on my yellow one.

The brown bike is too nice, honest and original to do anything to it to customize, IMO, although I do have a flat bar and some brake levers available should I change my mind on that...