View Single Post
Old 10-06-23, 10:53 AM
venturi95
Firm but gentle

Bikes: 2005 Litespeed Tuscany, Soma Pescadero, Pure Cycles disc road, Jamis hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by kcjc
Exactly. I was rear ended and plow under by a Toyota Sienna minivan. The drive tried to flee with me under the front carriage but a car in front didn't let it out of a roundabout. After it stopped, the best I could do was to crawl out of the van and to the shoulder. She tried to flee by backing out of the roundabout but was trapped another car. The bike was still under the van and the driver didn't come out of it until the police showed up some 30 minutes later. No damage to the phone but my wallet had some stretch marks and rips in the zip-lock bag. I always have the back of my phone to my back and the wallet on top of the glass. One of the bystander helped and used my phone to inform my wife of the accident. I didn't see the bike until a week later when I was able to walk without much pain (huge road rash on my behind, think a baboon's but).
Odds of this happening are like winning the lottery. You are so lucky to be alive. I hope this driver is in prison for a good long time. I'm still keeping the phone on the Quadlock and my fingers crossed that this never happens to me.